The Arlington Community Foundation is a knowledge hub for Arlington’s nonprofits. It provides support as community connector, convener and catalyst to strengthen nonprofits. By sharing the collective wisdom and resources of nonprofits, local government, universities, businesses, and the faith community, we can better address critical community needs.
To achieve our mission, the Foundation:
- Educates donors and the community on specific issues
- Gathers data on pressing needs in Arlington
- Conducts research that informs decision-making within individual organizations and in the larger Arlington community
- Highlights the role that nonprofits play in addressing community needs
- Convenes nonprofits to share knowledge and skills
- Fosters collaboration among nonprofits, local government, funders, businesses and community members to address important issues
- Refines the Foundation’s grantmaking strategies as needed
- Provides grant support to charitable organizations working on our most pressing community issues
Special Initiatives: Leadership in Action
The Community Foundation leads several community initiatives, including:
- Arlington Shared Prosperity Initiative
- Bridges Out of Poverty Initiative
- Arlington’s Safety Net Nonprofit Collaborative
- Coalition to Improve Advanced Care (CIAC)
- Arlington Youth Philanthropy Initiative
Looking for a grant for your nonprofit?
The Community Foundation supports nonprofits with grants through a number of different programs administered at different times of year. Some are regularly available and others are special opportunity grant rounds to address particular needs. To see more about grant opportunities, including those that are available now, click here.
Looking for a scholarship?
The Community Foundation provides approximately $500,000 in scholarship support for local students annually. To learn more about our scholarship program, including application information, click here.
For additional information about the Arlington Community Foundation’s work with nonprofits, contact:
Anne Vor der Bruegge
Director, Grants and Initiatives